Do you want to go on Italian food adventure? Try out this wonderful Italia-inspired spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast! Why? Because it’s super-healthy, made in under 30 minutes, and baked with no additional oil!
This recipe has everything to give you the feeling of a mini-vacation – thanks to the very Italian ingredients. They are sure to give you the real taste of freedom and happiness. Just like riding your red Fiat 500 on the roads of sun-kissed Toscana. Enjoy!
Spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breastCourse: DinnerCuisine: American, EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
Try out this wonderful Italia-inspired dish, that’s super-healthy, made in under 30 minutes, and baked with no additional oil!
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup green pesto sauce
4 tablespoons cream cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- Cut a wide “pocket” into the thick side of each breast. Don’t cut all the way through!
- Season the breasts’ both sides with salt.
- Prepare a bowl and mix 2 minced cloves garlic, 1/4 cup of green pesto sauce, 4 tbsps cream cheese, and 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Stuff the breasts with 1/2 cup of baby spinach and 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes. Add the cheese-pesto mixture to the spinach filling.
- Heat the oven to 338 F (170 C). Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the breasts to the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.