Want to cook something tasty, healthy, and quick? Try these oven-baked zucchini boats, stuffed with turkey mince! This recipe is low in carbs and loaded with protein (ideal to lose weight in terms of the Thermic Effect of Food).
Topped with grated cheese and flavored with dried basil and Italian herbs, these oven-baked zucchini boats can be a “tasty ticket” to summer, no matter what weather is outside.
Simple, delicious, and healthy – a dream, come true.
Oven-baked zucchini boats stuffed with turkey minceCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Try these oven-baked zucchini boats, stuffed with turkey mince! Topped with grated cheese and flavored with dried basil and Italian herbs, these oven-baked zucchini boats can be a “tasty ticket” to summer, no matter what weather is outside.
4 large zucchini
500 g turkey mince
1 medium white onion
50 g white or brown rice
100 g grated Cheddar cheese
Salt – to taste
Grounded black pepper – to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
3 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
4 tablespoons fresh basil
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10 minutes. Put the ready rice into a sieve to drain it.
- Dice 1 medium onion, heat a frying pan with 0,5 teaspoon olive oil, and stew the onion, until tender. Put aside to chill.
- Mix 500 g turkey mince, 1 tbsp dried basil, 3 tsps Italian herb seasoning, grounded black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Heat a frying pan with 0,5 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and cook the mince, until lightly browned.
- Mix the rice, the onion, and the mince together. Add 50-100 ml water for making the mince filling more moisture (watch the initial condition to decide how much water to add).
- Cut 4 zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds out of each zucchini half to get “boats”.
- Boil water in deep pot, add a pinch of salt. Put the zucchini in the boiling water. If the zucchini don’t fit in the pot, cook them in two steps. Cook for 6-8 mins or until slightly tender.
- Carefully get the zucchini out of the pot.
- Combine the zucchini and the mince filling:
- Heat oven to 347° F (175 ° C)
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Put the zucchini halves on the baking sheet, stuff the zucchini with the mince filling.
- Place the baking sheet with the stuffed zucchini into the oven. Bake for 20 mins.
- When ready, get the baking sheet out of the oven, top the zucchini boats with cheddar cheese, and put them back into the oven for an additional 5-10 mins, until the cheese is melted.
- Decorate the zucchini boats with freshly chopped basil.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
- Nutrition facts are presented for 1 serving