How to start a day in an active and tasty way? The answer is – oatmeal. Thanks to the oats’ wonderful set of B-vitamins and micronutrients such as manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus, it can help you to boost your immunity and strengthen the nervous system.
Add an incredible power of whole grains, which allows us to slow the release of energy inside the body, and here we have a meal, that will keep you satisfied for a long time. Banana, berries, and honey will give your oatmeal an unforgettable sweet and fresh taste and transform every breakfast into a celebration of healthy and amazingly tasty food.
If you want more fresh taste, try to add some linden honey – it will give your oatmeal little “minty” flavor.
Honey oatmeal with banana and blueberriesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3.5 Oz (100 g) rolled or steel-cut oats
16 fl. Oz (500 ml) skim or coconut milk
1 big banana, sliced
125 g blueberries
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Bring the milk to a boil and add salt (optional) and the oats. Simmer and stir about 10-15 mins until oats absorb the milk and become thick (the speed depends on the oats type).
- Once oats are done, remove from heat and put in bowls.
- Add the sliced banana and blueberries. Pour with honey.
- Enjoy your wonderful meal!
- Nutrition facts are specified for 1 serving oatmeal with coconut milk base.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.