Craving for some sweet tropical treat? We’ve got you covered – here is a healthy “Mounds/Bounty” recipe, made of just 4 ingredients! All you need is a blender, a freezer, a little time and a bit of love. Enjoy!
Healthy vegan “Bounty” made of 4 ingredientsCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Your favorite coconut candy bar in a healthy form
1.7 Oz (50 g) Medjool dates
1.7 Oz (50 g) shredded coconut
0.8 fl. Oz (25 ml) warm water
5 squares (50 g) dark 70% chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place 1.7 Oz (50 g) dates into a bowl with 0.8 fl Oz (25 ml) water until soften.
- Puree the dates with water, using a blender. Add more water, if needed.
- Return the dates paste into the bowl and mix with 1.7 Oz (50 g) shredded coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Form 6 bars, put into a freezer and let them chill for 2 hours.
Melt 5 squares dark chocolate in a microwave or using a water bath method.
- Immerse all the bars into the chocolate “bath”. Mind every bar to be fully covered with the chocolate.
- Put the bars in a fridge and let them sit for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Enjoy your healthy tropical “Bounty”!
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.