These delicious chicken burgers with yummy zucchini inside are perfect to pamper your taste buds and enjoy a great taste with minimum calories. Zucchini makes the burgers juicy, while garlic and cilantro yogurt sauce add freshness and lightness to the dish. Choose quinoa, brown rice, or simply boiled or grilled vegetable mix as addition. And you will get a very healthy and nourishing dinner, which will help you to keep hunger at bay for a long time.
Baked zucchini-stuffed chicken burgers with garlic and cilantro yogurt sauceCourse: Dinner, Main dishCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These healthy chicken burgers with yummy zucchini inside are perfect to pamper your taste buds and enjoy a great taste with minimum calories.
- For the patties:
1 large zucchini, grated (squeeze it out to remove all the excess moisture)
1 lb (0,5 kg) lean ground chicken
1 large egg
1 large white onion
3-4 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 tsp pepper (optional)
- For the garlic-cilantro yogurt sauce:
1-2 cloves garlic
6-7 sprigs cilantro
2-3 sprigs dill (optional)
Pinch of salt (optional)
5,3 oz (150 g) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Shred the zucchini with a box grater into a strainer and sprinkle with a little pinch of salt (it will help the excess moisture to run faster). Toss well and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Then squeeze out the zucchini very well, using a cheesecloth. If you don’t have it, use a towel or paper towels instead. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible, otherwise, the burgers’ mince will be too wet and will not hold their shape well.
- Preheat oven to 356 °F (180°C)
- Dice 1lb (0,5 kg) chicken or grind it with a grinder using a plate with the largest holes (bigger pieces allowing the meat to stay moist while cooking). Add the egg and mix together.
- Mince the onion and garlic, chop cilantro and mix with the minced meat. Add the squeezed zucchini, salt and spices if desired. Form patties and place them on a baking sheet, covered with a parchment paper.
- Bake the burgers for approximately 50-60 mins.
- While baking the burgers, chop cilantro and dill and mince garlic. Mix together with plain Greek yogurt and add salt, if desired.
- Serve the burgers covered with the sauce and add quinoa, wild rice or vegetables to feel the fullness of taste with the minimum calories!
- Nutrition facts are specified for 1 serving of the burgers (without the sauce)
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.